Sunday 23 December 2018

Drink! ... A Seasonal Slight Return!


I tend not to re-post old articles, unless there is good reason of some sort.  Last year's Christmas article Whisky and Beer and Seasonal Good Cheer! was a loving trawl through specifically regional alcoholic beverages.

In that piece I lamented the lack of distilling in Angus, the business of whisky making seeming to be a fragile pastime, economically speaking.  The only ongoing, traditional distillery is Glencadam in Brechin.  But hope, as always, resurfaces.  I reported last year that the Arbikie Distillery in Inverkeilor was producing gin, and vodka, while whisky was on the way.

   The momentous news is that the whisky has arrived!  BBC News reports that the cunning distillery has produced Scotland's first commercially available rye whisky in over a hundred years (story here).
I add my hearty congratulations.  Unfortunately, I will not be buying one of the first batch of 998 bottles (retailing at £250 each).  But if Father Christmas or a kindly company representative happens to take pity on me...

Season's greetings!







  



  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment